Topics in Professional Ethics for Discussion – Part 1
By David M. Abbott, Jr.
MMSA Ethics Webinar, July 15, 2020 – 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
The free one-hour ethics webinar will present a variety of professional ethics topics for discussion by participants. Topics will include:
- Who is your client?
- Aspects of insider trading: what and when can or should you disclose something?
- Dealing with a client who wants a more favorable report
- Professional competence and specialized knowledge
- Confidentiality versus protection of the public’s health, safety, and welfare
- Whistle blowing
- Bribes or facilitating payments? (The webinar did not get to these slides. These topics will be covered in a follow-up Webinar.)
Comments during the Presentation
Following are all the comments entered into the Zoom chat during the presentation.
- Comments are unedited.
- Times are the clock time when the comment was made in chat. (Not the time from the beginning of the presentation as in the video.)
- Some of the people who commented in chat also talked and discussed more in the audio/video.
- The comments below are not keyed to the slide being presented.
Chat comments during the presentation