How to Apply
Download and complete the Regular/QP New Member Application Form if you are not yet an MMSA member.
If you are currently a Regular MMSA member, download this form to Add QP status to Regular Membership.
Endorsement Forms for Regular and QP Member Applicants
If you have been asked to endorse an applicant for Regular and/or QP Membership, please use the following forms.
- Endorsement Form For Regular Member Applicant
- Endorsement Form For Qualified Professional Member Applicant
Please contact the Executive Director for documents that can be edited
The Society typically concerns itself with fundamental principles and with problems facing the industry in such areas as legislation, economic and education, as well as environmental concerns, labor relations, and health and safety. Please review our Ethical Guidlines.
How to Apply
Professionals who feel that they have something to offer MMSA and the Mining Industry are invited to apply for membership. The Application FAQ (link to the FAQ) for prospective members provides additional information about the Member and QP Member application and approval process.
The first step in the process to become either a Regular Member and/or a Qualified Professional Member is to fill out and submit an application form (link to application form). Qualified individuals may apply for either class of membership, simultaneously.
MMSA is an invitational society and applicants must provide three endorsers who are familiar with your work and capabilities. At least one of the endorsers must be a current member in good standing. (See the current member list.)
A Prospective Member, applying for Regular and QP membership, must first be admitted as a Regular Member by the Regular Membership Committee, before that individual’s application will be passed on to the QP Membership Committee. To apply for both types of membership, fill out and submit both parts of the Regular Membership form. You can apply to be a Regular Member without applying for QP membership.
Regular members in good standing may apply for recognition as a QP Member by filling out and submitting the Regular Member to QP application form.
Minimum requirements for membership.
- Regular Member. Ten years of mining industry experience. Four years of schooling toward a degree can be used as part of the requirement.
- Qualified Professional Member. Ten years of mining industry experience after the undergraduate geosciences degree. Experience must include at least 5 years of experience in a position of responsibility.
- Endorsement by at least two (2) current MMSA members. Third endorser can be colleague or supervisor. (link to list of current members here – also in the side list.)
- Ethics adherence and Continuing Professional Development hours are required.(link to ethics statement)